The Chicago Animal Shelter Alliance (CASA) was formed in 2002 by a coalition of Chicago shelters and rescues who realized that, by working together, they could consolidate their efforts to reach a wider audience and make a greater impact. Since that time, the organization has grown to include animal welfare organizations and veterinarians in the Chicago area.
The CASA mission is to reduce, and eventually eliminate, needless euthanasia of companion animals and to encourage cooperation to find homes for every adoptable animal. Specific strategies that we are implementing in our pursuit of this life-affirming goal include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Joint, city-wide, large-scale adoption events
• Increased public awareness of the importance of spaying and neutering dogs and cats
• Increased public awareness of the overall problem of pet homelessness through education and community outreach
• Promotion of “best practices” for the care of companion animals and the safety of the community at large
• Engagement in public policy debates concerning companion animal welfare
CASA Associate Members